Thursday, December 29, 2016

October Highlights

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to touch on some things that I did in October. It has been crazy lately trying to finish school up and then a week ago I had a surgery on my eye. But I will touch on more that happened lately in my next post that will be covering November and December.

One of the first projects that I finished up in October was a cute Autumn sign in a frame from the Wood Connection. 


I thought it turned out great! I really do love the colors and everything. The colors work together so well.

I ordered something to help me out with crocheting corner to corner afghans. So far I haven't used it yet but I am planning on it in the upcoming weeks.


If you would like to know how this works you can find a tutorial on Repeat Crafter Me's blog page. You can find the link to the tutorial HERE.

I also started the JoAnn Craft Stores Mystery Stitch Along with Bernat Blanket Yarn! It was really fun but in October I only got through two of the clues. 


Here is the first clue!


This was the second clue!


I did the third clue just barely because I have had a little more time then I did in October.

Press HERE to go to JoAnn Craft Store's website to see the stitch along for crocheting and if you like to knit there is one for knitting too!

 I finished one for my grandma before I finished the first one that I started (the one up above).


This is the one that I made for my grandma! It is all done and I gave it to her a couple of weeks ago and she loved it. My grandma is the one that taught me how to crochet a few years ago so I thought it would be nice to crochet something for her for her teaching me! :)

My mom is so cute! She has all of these amazing ideas for parties on holidays. She had a candy corn themed Halloween party! She loves to do things with parties.


Here is the placement for the kid's table.


This was how the table was set for the adults.


My mom had both of my sisters make a desert that was candy corned themed. Both the cupcakes and rice krispy treats were amazing!


Then for dinner my mom had two different soups that we could choose from, either taco soup or a really good potato soup. My mom also ordered some really good bread bowls that looked like pumpkins. She really thought of everything!

She also had some really cute games picked out that everyone enjoyed. She had bingo, musical broom stick (where we had to pass around a broom stick, everything else is the same from musical chairs), and she even got dry ice so that the little kids could see it! My mom did an amazing job with this Halloween party (like she does with every party).

I finished one more project this month, although I was working on many.


I bought this during August at the Wood Connection but I really wanted to finish it before I moved on to my other projects. I think that it turned out really cute.

I have one more post about November and December Highlights that I want to get up really soon and then I will start to post the different projects that I do more in depth, like what materials you will need and where to find them. I just really wanted to show you guys what I have been up to the past few months.

Have a great New Year!

~Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment